Tuesday 17 August 2010

#47

Decided that since I keep forgetting to take photos of my outfits, I'll let you in on what's inside my makeup bag (cue various ooh's and ahh's)
Nothing that interesting, but I've noticed quite a few people have posted theis, so thought I'd join in and let you know my bargains.

Again, apologies for the poor phone quality photo!


Top row, L-R - Bourjois 10-Hr Sleep Effect foundation, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer, ELF Complexion Perfection, ELF blending brush.

Bottom row, L-R - Sleek w/proof mascara, Collection 2000 w/proof Volume Sensation mascara, Collection 2000 w/proof Fast Stroke eyeliner, Rimmel 8hr Colour Moose in 005 Glitz, Natural Collection kohl pencil, eye brightening drops, Benefit Her Glossiness in Didn't Hear It From Me, ELF lipstick in Runway Pink, ELF Candy Shop lip gloss in Cherry Bomb.


My makeup bag has definitely seen better days, but it fits everything in perfectly and I'm yet to find a decent quality bag that's not too expensive, especially since it'll get covered with makeup inside!
I don't tend to go for big expensive names when it comes to makeup - Collection 2000 has always done me well, so I'm going with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", especially with the waterproof mascara - it's amazing, even when I was on holiday on the sweltering hot beach (in Cornwall, yes) it didn't move, yet it comes off easily before I go to bed.
I currently use a coat of that and then add a top coat of the waterproof Sleek mascara, as this lengthens my lashes really well.
When I ran out of my matte-effect foundation, I was eager to find a replacement, but I'd heard good reviews of the Bourjois one you see in the above photo. The price put me off slightly, but I figured it was an 'investment'. I wasn't disappointed; it works like a dream! It gives sheer, dewy coverage but it really lifts my skin - as if I'd had 10 hours sleep! Defnitely recommend it.
The ELF stuff you see above is really good - I know alot of people don't like the ELF range but the products I have used so far have done no wrong, special mention to the lip products - their colours are amazing.

Any questions on the above products please leave in a comment!
I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with some sort of interesting outfit posts, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment