Wednesday 6 October 2010

#63

I apologise in advance for the mass amount of writing this post has!


As previously stated, I pottered along to Russell Brand's book signing on Thursday, I wasn't that excited until we got into the Waterstones, when my hands were shaking like leaves in the breeze!
Anyway, myself and Heather got to town about 12ish, and went for tea and bacon on toast in Soul Cafe; such a gorgeous little hideaway on Bold Street, I reccommend it highly, for the fantastic food as well as the friendly staff. (reviews can be found here)
We then stocked up on magazines and sweets to keep us occupied in the queue, goodness knows how long we'd be there for! Danni rang us, fresh from a uni lecture, and joined us in sitting on the pavement, while a multitude of people walked past, asking what we were all doing, when someone told them, they'd either scoff and call him something tedious, or pull a face and go "Oh right, Russell Brand..." I'm aware some people hate his guts, but at least have the decency to accept that lots of people enjoy his humour!

Thankfully we weren't that far from the front, and he kept to his word, and arrived at 3pm.
Strutting down the road like some kind of king, surrounded by bodyguards and hoards of screaming girls (and an equal amount of boys!) I snapped a blurry photo of the tall drink of water himself, and proceeded to wait until we were due to enter the shop.

As we got closer to the front, the more nervous we got - What would I say to him? Am I allowed to hug him? What if he doesn't laugh at my joke? I hope he doesn't spell my name wrong!

Once inside we weren't in fact waiting all that long, were given a post-it with our name on it on the right page, to quicken the process.
When it got to my turn, I was shoved into his face, handed him my book and proceeded to stare at him in the most gawky fashion. I asked if he enjoyed Liverpool, and said something about a roast dinner, what a boob!
He signed my book, and held my hand while talking to me, said I was lovely, thank you for coming and gave us a smacker on the cheek. I then walk away slightly starstruck and find my friends, we then skipped off for a chinese all-you-can-eat, yum!

My friend Danni getting acquainted with Mr Brand.


Apparantly it looks like we're just staring at each other, haha I was listening intently!

He's really a lovely guy, I can't fault him, especially now he's no longer bed-hopping round Europe and has settled down! I'm looking forward to finish reading the book tomorrow night after a hair/beauty show in Manchester with my mum, auntie and cousin that I had no idea was even going on, but I'll inform you all about it tomorrow night!
Below is the outfit I had planned on wearing to the signing, but I spilt toothpaste on the skirt as I was leaving, so made a hasty change and dashed out for the train, so as above I was in all black.


Top, Tammy, BHS - £7; Skirt, Necklace, Bracelets, H&M.

I'm trying out different places and angles to shoot my outfits; not very adventurous, but I don't have much space to work with when the family's in the house!

What do you think? Where do you usually shoot your ootd?

2 comments:

  1. Oh he's lovely, isn't he? Just finished reading his book; such a good read.

    Also, I've got that skirt - great taste! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i was going to go to this exact signing! but i had a lecture at 3, so i couldn't go :( glad you got to enjoy it though!

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete