Sunday 19 February 2012

#124

Nail varnish I'm loving at the moment is Rimmel's Pro Finish in 420 Aqua Cool.


Align Centre


I've been looking for a creamy pale blue for a while; I do have Barry M's Blueberry Ice Cream but sometimes that's a little too bright, and I was after something paler.
I pottered into Boots to re-stock on my current foundation and saw the Rimmel stand was 2-for-1, so I picked up my 25-Hr wear foundation, this varnish and the matching topcoat.

I've only had it on for maybe three days but it's brilliant so far.
No chips or sign of wear yet, as seen above, the brush is very thick so you don't have to spend ages getting the right amount on the brush.
The only negative about this colour is it's very sheer, so about three/four coats was needed to make it opaque. I think next time I wear it though I'll stick a pale creamy colour on first as a basecoat so the colour payoff is better. But it's definitely in my Spring nail varnish collection this year, all pastels might I add!

Do you have a favourite Rimmel varnish colour?

9 comments:

  1. That is a really nice colour, shame you need so many coats on though, that's a lot for a Rimmel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probs get away with thicker coats but I hate sitting waiting for it to dry, I always get bored and start doing something and they end up smudged :(
      xx

      Delete
  2. thats a pretty colour, really liking lighter shades for nail varnish at the moment! i usually stick to black or red :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty hard wearing too, lasts for about five days without any signs of wear!
      I used to wear nothing but black or dark purple nail varnish for years, don't know what changed my mind really :')
      xx

      Delete
  3. I have the same colour!! Love it so much!
    great blog! Lots of love Amen Fashion 17

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this colour,I am also on the lookout for a nice blue shade. Thanks for sharing your 90's memories on my blog too!

    Love Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get a look at it in person, they've got some lovely shades for S/S :) Awh you're welcome, I enjoyed reading that post!
      xx

      Delete
  5. This colour is fabulous! I love it! I have about 10 purple rimmel polishes, theyre all different shades...I have a purple problem...lol

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have a Rimmel polish problem, I went in last night to get their lip coat thingy and got three more polishes and a lipstick as it was 3 for 2... I need help haha
      xx

      Delete