Monday 13 June 2011

#98

So I'm back from Cornwall, relucantly as I just did not want to come home. I missed my friends/family, but I just wanted to stay away from my usual life a little while longer :(
Hopefully we'll be going back later this year, maybe in August with some friends to chill for a week or so. The drive there and back was nowhere near as bad as last time, as Jack drove us two with the dog in the back, and despite a minor hiccup at the start, with us ending up in Huyton after following his dad's car twin he did really well and I'm very proud of him considering it was his first proper drive :)
The weather was abit hit and miss, it was sunny everyday, but five out of seven days the wind was really strong, so it cancelled out the sun as it was pretty cold. But the last day was gorgeous, and we spent everyday on the beach with Jack and his brother surfing, he taught me how to skimboard, and I caught the littlest tan ever :') Spent Tuesday pottering round Newquay which was nice. Not much has changed round Perranporth but I think that's one of the reasons we love it so much, it's like our home from home; there's still the same waitress in Pickwicks, the same shop owners from years ago, the only things that have changed really is shop signs and a new cafe called The Cove which is really nice, worth checking out if you're ever round there.
We didn't take any photos this year due to the unpredictable weather, and whenever it was sunny we had forgotten to pack the camera just incase, ah well!



This is the only photo I got, on my phone hence the bad quality of the sunset from the second day. In reality it was a gorgeous deep orange that filled the sky, my photo doesn't do it justice but you get the jist.


I'm hoping to get back on track this week with my posts, mabe throw a few new regulars in the mix, see what you all think? Tomorrow I'll do a quick Week in photos from before I left.

Are any of you going on holiday? If so, where? :)
I'm supposed to be sunning it up next week in Bodrum, Turkey with my best friends, but my passport has been a nightmare, it's taken about five months so far and it's still not sorted!
So if anyone in Liverpool either works in or knows someone who works in the Passport Office in town, help me out please, I need it! :D

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time despite the wind! Shame it wasn't better weather for you though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the passport, such a shambles that it's taken so long xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip. I'd love to go there.
    We've had a holiday in New York, but who knows we may have another holiday somewhere hot and sunny.

    ReplyDelete