Tuesday 3 April 2012

#130 - March Empties

Quite a fair amount of empty products from March, a few that I mentioned in my latest Project 10 Pan post, but some others I found lurking in my drawer that I wanted to use up before buying an alternative.


Sudocrem - Cannot fault this product, it's brilliant for spots, rashes, marks previous spots have left, just any general irritations your skin may have. I love they brought out this handy tube sometime last year, soo much easier than the tubs as I can have it in my bag when I'm travelling.

Lush's Mask of Magnaminty - I bought this about three months ago on the recommendation of the lovely shop assistant as I was after a mask that would help reduce the oil on my face, clear my skin up in general and sort out the dreaded pores on my nose. I love this mask, I'm going to repurchase it when I'm next out. I use it two times a week, maybe more if my skin needs it, and it deeply cleanses my skin leaving it feeling refreshed and squeaky clean, but not tight. The ground Aduki beans and Evening Primrose seeds allow for a gentle but effective exfoliation, reducing the amount of time you need to spend washing your face!
If you have oily/combination skin please try it, you won't be disappointed! And it lasts for ages as it doesn't need to be kept in the fridge.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm - A basic I picked up in one of Boot's 3 for 2 offers a while ago, but it's actually switched me from my beloved Carmex, to this sneaky sod. It's really moisturising, smells amazing and it heals and stops my lips from being chapped and horrible.

S&G's The Righteous Butter - I've already raved about this item before so I won't go on, but it's a brilliant moisturiser, really good for dry skin such as elbows, knees and heels.

Tresemme Split Remedy Hair Intense Recovery Masque - I bought this on a whim about four months ago when I was looking for a new deep treatment and spotted this was buy one get one free. Now I'm under no illusions and do not think this will repair my split ends; the only thing for that is a good chop! But this makes my hair so soft, so manageable, easier to style, and it makes my split ends less noticable which is a big plus. I tend to wash my hair and cover it in this, stick my hair turban on and leave it in for about an hour, so my hair can really soak it up. Another alternative is I coat my hair in this the night before I wash it and leave it in over night. You wash it the next day and have amazing feeling/looking hair. It's not too expensive either, worth a try!

Loreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss - I think every blogger and their cat uses this liner! But it is my favourite one yet, super black without having to layer it up, quick drying and the nib is the easiest one I've used so far. my only gripe is that it's not very water-proof, so if your eyes water in the wind or you have hayfever, this won't necessarily last long. But I think having a primer underneath helps its longevity.
I'm going to try out the S&G liquid liner next, as I love their kohl liner already!

Aussie 3MM Frizz Remedy - An old faithful, the Aussie 3MM's are something I always have in my drawer but don't always reach for, but when I do I always wonder why I leave them alone so much. It is fantastic and makes my hair really soft and lovely, makes me want to swish my hair around like one of those ridiculous TV ads!

S&G Scrub Em & Leave Em - I hate to end the post on a negative, but I do not like this scrub. I got it as part of a set at Christmas, and was looking forward to trying it out as I've been in love with S&G's Flake Away for over two years now. But this did not exfoliate my skin that well, it was hard to rinse off and it left my skin feeling sticky, like there was a thin film covering it. I'm disappointed as this is the only S&G product I've tried and disliked. But I'm happy I finished it off as I wasn't prepared to just chuck it out, I'm pretty stubborn like that.


What products have you used up this Month? Any gems I should try out for April? :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the soap and glory products and sudocrem comes in a tube now, so useful! x

    ReplyDelete